List of main publications in English
1. Training and supervision
Development of the SANE model for training
- Androutsopoulou, A., Bafiti, T., & Kalarritis, G. (forthcoming). ‘From mind to culture’: Developing a Treatment Plan Manual for the enriched systemic psychotherapy perspective SANE-System Attachment Narrative Encephalon®. In M. Mariotti, G. Saba, & P. Stratton (Eds.), Handbook of Systemic Approaches to Psychotherapy Manuals: Integrating Research, Practice, and Training. (EFTA Series, 6th volume). Springer.
- Androutsopoulou, A., Bafiti, T., & Kalarritis, G. (2014). The enriched systemic perspective SANE- System Attachment Narrative Encephalon: Selected training guidelines for clinical practice. Human Systems. The Journal of Therapy, Consultation and Training, 25, 2, 161 – 176.
- Bafiti, T., Androutsopoulou, A., Kalarritis, G. (2018). From four perspectives: The enriched systemic model SANE-System Attachment Narrative Encephalon. In P. Assimakis (Ed.) Contemporary psychotherapies in Greece. Athens: Assimakis [in Greek]
Training and supervision techniques
- Androutsopoulou, A. (2014, October). ‘Many inner authors’: Practical comprehension of the “polyphonic self” in psychotherapy training. Systemic Thinking & Psychotherapy, 5, http://ww.hestafta.org/ [open access][in English and Greek]
- Androutsopoulou, Α., Viou, Μ., Nikolaou, Ν., Moschakis, C., Nikolopoulou, V-Ν., Kontoni, N., Diamantaki, E. (2016). Therapist inner dialogue and first session resolution. Qualitative data from the training activity ‘Inner Dialogues-Therapist Observer Client’ (ID-TOC). Human Systems: The Journal of Therapy, Consultation & Training, 27, 1, 65-81.
2. Therapy techniques and story-telling aids
- Androutsopoulou, A. (2001a). The self-characterization as a narrative tool: Applications in therapy with individuals and families. Family Process, 40, 79-94. doi: 10.1111/j.1545-5300.2001.4010100079.x
- Androutsopoulou, A. (2001b). Fiction as an aid to therapy: A narrative and family rationale for practice. Journal of Family Therapy, 23, 278-295. doi: 10.1111/1467-6427.00184
- Androutsopoulou, Α. (2005). Themes in nested stories: A case in family-oriented synthetic therapy. Journal of Systemic Therapies, 24, 43-59. doi: 10.1521/jsyt.2005.24.2.43
- Androutsopoulou, A. (2011). Red balloon: Approaching dreams as self-narratives. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 37, 479-490. doi: 10.1111/j.1752-0606.2011.00236.x
- Androutsopoulou, A. (2013). The use of early recollections as a narrative aid in psychotherapy. Counselling Psychology Quarterly, 3-4, 313-329. doi:10.1080/09515070.2013.814086
- Androutsopoulou, A. & Viou, M. (2019). The guided imagery therapy activity “Inner Dialogue-Child Adult Meeting” (ID-CAM): Steps and applications. The Journal of Creativity in Mental Health. doi:10.1080/15401383.2019.1624993
3. Therapy process and qualitative assessment
- Androutsopoulou, A. (2015). Moments of meaning: Identifying inner voices in the autobiographical texts of ‘Mark’. Qualitative Psychology, 2, 130-146. https://dx.doi.org/10.1037/qup0000028
- Androutsopoulou, Α., Thanopoulou, Κ., Economou, Ε., & Bafiti, Τ. (2004). Forming criteria for assessing the coherence of clients’ life stories: A narrative study. Journal of Family Therapy 26, 383-405. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6427.2004.00290.x
- Amplianiti, E., Bafiti, S., Dima, E., Gkioni, F., Kandreva, P., Kostala, M., Sanidas, G., Androutsopoulou, Α. (2017). ‘Is that normal?’ Discourse analysis of an initial couple therapy session. Human Systems: The Journal of Therapy, Consultation and Training, 28, 245-255.
- Papageorgiou, S., Filia, M., Gkotsi, G., Regli, D., Zougrou, K., Androutsopoulou, A. (2017).‘Seeing eye to eye’: A qualitative case study of significant moments in a systemic group therapy session. Human Systems: The Journal of Therapy, Consultation and Training, 28, 235-244.
- Poimenidou, P., Biniori, D., Christodoulaki, C., Zerma, K., Androutsopoulou, A. (2017). ‘Beyond the dark side of life’: Processes of theme co-construction and revision in a systemic group-therapy session. Human Systems: The Journal of Therapy, Consultation and Training, 28, 257-268.
4. Psychobiography and the narrative study of lives
- Androutsopoulou, A. (2019). “My broken chrysalis”: Narrative processes in Woolf’s autobiographical writings of sexual trauma. Qualitative Psychology. Advance online publication. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/qup0000139
- Androutsopoulou, A., Kalyvopoulos, I., Koukidis, E., Koutsavgousti, G., Passa, I., Tarnara, E., Tsatsaroni, C. (2019). “Not anybody’s husband”: A narrative inquiry into Frida Kahlo’s essay ‘Portrait of Diego’. Manuscript submitted for publication.
- Androutsopoulou, A., Dima, E., Papageorgiou, S., Papanikolaou, T. (2019). Constructing “Georgia”: Love, play, work as a central theme in O’ Keeffe’s early and late memories. In Zoltan, K. & Mayer, C-H. (Eds.), New trends in psychobiography (pp. 325-342). Berlin: Springer.
- Androutsopoulou, A., Rozou, E., Vakondiou, M. (2019). Voices of “hope” and “despair”: A narrative inquiry into the diaries, letters and suicide notes of Virginia Woolf. Journal of Constructivist Psychology. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1080/10720537.2019.1615015
- Androutsopoulou, A. & Stefanou, M. M. (2018). Seeking “home”: Personal narratives and turning points in the lives of homeless. The European Journal of Counselling Psychology, 7, 126-147. https://ejcop.psychopen.eu/index.php/ejcop